I found this recipe on Canadian Living to pair with a Rainbow Trout. This cold green bean salad was a great, quick side dish that can be prepared in advance.
10 cups (2.4 L) green beans, trimmed
2 tbsp. wine vinegar
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
1 large tomato, diced
1. In large pot of boiling water, cook beans for 5-8 minutes or until tender-crisp.
2. Drain and chill under cold running water; drain again. (Make-ahead: cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours)
3. In large bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, oregano, salt and pepper.
4. Add beans and onion; toss to coat.
5. Arrange on platter; garnish with tomato.
I ended up boiling the green beans in advance so that when I was ready to serve my meal, I could quickly throw this salad together. I thought it turned out really well for what I needed. Very few ingredients, I actually had everything at home for the dressing. I just had to buy the veggies.
This salad was the side dish for an Apple Trout Fillet.