I love brie. I love cranberries. So when I found this recipe, I just had to try it and I really enjoyed it. A perfect recipe for Christmas day snacks.
4 oz. cranberries
1/3 cup orange juice
1/4 cup sugar
1. Bring to a boil, then reduce to medium and simmer till thickened and cranberries have popped.
2. For extra flavour, add 1/8 tsp. nutmeg and cinnamon.
Baked Brie with Cranberry Sauce and Walnuts:
3/4 cup cranberry sauce
16 oz. brie round
Zest of one orange
2/3 cup walnut pieces
Crackers for serving
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Remove the top of the rind from the cheese using a serrated knife, and discard the rind. Place the cheese, cut side up, on an oven safe plate or bowl. Use a larger plate or a bowl so your cheese doesn’t start oozing off the plate. Bake for 10 minutes.
3. Remove from the oven and top with the cranberry sauce. Bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until the cheese is soft and warm. Sprinkle the top with orange zest and walnuts.
4. Serve immediately with crackers.
I made homemade cranberry sauce, but of course you can buy some cranberry sauce instead. I also did not buy 16 oz. of brie because that is a pound and I knew my family would not eat that much of it. Instead of only doing a half recipe of cranberry sauce, I did the whole recipe and used the left overs to go with Christmas dinner.
Super easy, super yummy.