Meatless Monday #10! So I know that I have already posted a mac and cheese recipe for Meatless Monday but this one is WAY better and my original plans for tonight’s dinner got postponed to next week. So it worked out for the better since now I have a new mac and cheese recipe that I like more.
1 box pasta (about 450g — shells, macaroni, bow tie, spiral, anything!)
4 tbsp. butter
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1 can evaporated milk
1-2 cups grated cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste (or seasoned salt)
1. Cook and drain noodles according to directions on the box.
2. Add noodles back to warm pot, stir in butter, cheese soup, and half the can of evaporated milk. Stir until combined.
3. Add 1 cup of cheese to start with, add more until desired cheesiness. Keep the burner on low to help melt the cheese.
4. If it gets too thick, add some of the reserved evaporated milk to thin it down.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Even got my little sister to help out with this one. She grated the cheese for me. This recipe is so unbelievably easy to put together.
For the soup, I buy Campbell’s brand cheese soup. Other than the soup, you probably have the majority of the ingredients sitting at home!
This recipe took maybe 15 minutes to throw together once the pasta was cooked. My mom couldn’t believe that that was all it took to make homemade mac and cheese. My sister even said it was better than Kraft Dinner (and believe me, that is a compliment coming from her).
We had the mac and cheese as a side dish with hot dogs (on Sunday! I’m just a day late posting so it’s still considered meatless today right?) but you could easily have this as a meal. This recipe would make 4 servings.