Super easy slow cooker rib recipe! Ribs plus 5 ingredients. Most of which you already have at home! And the added bonus: it’s cooked in the slow cooker.
3 lbs. pork or beef ribs
1 c. water
1/4 c. cooking sherry
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 c. barbecue sauce
1. Place ribs standing upright in crock pot.
2. Pour in sherry and water. Sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper.
3. Pour barbecue sauce over ribs.
4. Cook on low approximately 8 hours.
5. Serve with additional barbecue sauce for dipping.
Not my favorite rib recipe so far but a close second (the one with Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce is our favorite). My only complaint is that the meat was not “fall off the bone” tender.
I used Diana’s Honey Garlic BBQ sauce for the BBQ (Diana’s has been on sale lately so I stocked up). You can of course use your favorite BBQ sauce. Instead of serving the BBQ sauce on the side for dipping, I just covered the ribs in the extra sauce for some finger licking goodness.
I served these ribs with Foil Potatoes, creamed corn and biscuits. Do you think I gave my boyfriend too much food? The corn didn’t even fit…