A very simple dressing to add a new flavour to salmon. I absolutely love salmon and I love playing with new sauces to baked it with.
1.5 lbs. salmon
2 tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
2 large (or 3 small) cloves of garlic, pressed
1.5 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/8 cup mild olive oil
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
Lemon slices, garnish
1. Preheat oven to 450F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
2. In a small bowl, combine parsley, garlic, Dijon, salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon juice. Mix well.
3. Cut salmon into even portions; lay them onto the baking sheet, skin side down.
4. Generously brush all sides of your salmon with the sauce and top with fresh lemon slices.
5. Bake 12-15 minutes, or until just cooked through.
Like I said, I love salmon and I love trying new things with salmon. This one may be at the top of the favorites list. The sauce is very easy to make and uses common ingredients that you probably have at home other than the fresh products (I even used dried instead of fresh parsley).
I served the salmon with Oven Roasted Asparagus and garlic flavoured wild rice.